Apprentice Assistant Research Data Manager (Pathalogy)
Annual wage £10,400.00
Working week 37.5 hours per week including attendance at college as required Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 24 months Possible start date 06 Nov 2017 Date posted 07 Sep 2017 Distance 47.3 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001306464 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience of dealing with senior staff, including clinicians
- Experience of dealing successfully with difficult situations.
- Knowledge of the clinical trials process and conduct.
- Experience of organising meetings, supporting committees and ability to take and transcribe accurate minutes.
- Experience of working under pressure and prioritising workload appropriately to ensure
- meeting deadlines.
- To be able to concentrate when dealing with intense documents related to research and trials.
- Advanced keyboard skills: proficient in IT packages including Word, Powerpoint, Excel,
- Outlook and databases.
- Experience of working in a health care setting.
- Reliable work record
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate sensitive issues and act with discretion
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and independently
- An enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable approach
- Polite and courteous manner
- Attentive to detail and quality of work
- Willingness to travel within the locality and to attend meetings and training
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent), with GCSEs (A/B grade) in English and Mathematics
- Biomedical Science degree or a degree in science
Future prospects Possibility of a full time job for the right candidate. Things to consider The post holder may be at a computer station for prolonged lengths of time. The post holder is required to travel between Trust sites and to regional meetings. Qualifications and experience you will gain • A rigorous in-house training • Associate Project Management (APM) qualification as a level 4 higher apprenticeship programme. • Numerous Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses and points • 37.5 hours per week including attendance at college as required • 27 days annual leave plus eight bank holidays • Two years training duration • Reduced travel rates on TFL • NHS employers retail discount