Data and Information Apprentice
Weekly wage £230.00
Working week Monday - Friday Shift times TBC Total hours per week: 37.00 Apprenticeship duration 18 months Possible start date 05 Dec 2017 Date posted 11 Sep 2017 Distance 141.8 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001308192 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Management Information Systems.
- Research techniques.
- Statistical analysis techniques.
- The range of data protection and legal issues.
- The data life cycle.
- The fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance.
- The quality issues that can arise with data and how to avoid and/or resolve these.
- The importance of clearly defining user requirements for data analysis.
- Computer literate.
- Competent in Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working with a high level of attention to detail.
- Identify and ensure processes are in place to effectively quality assure data (e.g., data verification and validation).
- National educational data trends.
- Past and present educational accountability measures including the underlying methodology.
- Interpret national, regional and school pupil performance data.
- The steps involved in carrying out routine data analysis tasks.
- Supporting the presentation of information to different audiences at a relevant level of detail to ensure understanding.
- Familiarity with SIMS to manage student data and for reporting to parents.
- Working effectively, accurately and with attention to detail with demanding and varying work-loads.
- Contributing to official reports and policies.
- Prioritisation of tasks.
- High level of computer literacy to include assistance in the development of information systems.
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Team worker.
- Willing and able to travel between schools within the Trust.
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Maths, English, Computing, IT / Science
- A Levels (or equivalent) at grade A* to D in related subjects (is desirable but not essential)