Apprentice Nursery Assistant
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- An ability to work well within a team.
- To have had previous experience of working with children.
- To want to work with children aged from babies (3 months - 2 years, toddlers 2-3 years and preschoolers 3-5 years).
- Good time keeping skills.
- A passion for learning.
- We are looking for a friendly, bubbly, happy, outgoing person who has a passion for working with children.
- You will be required to wear a uniform, which part of it will be provided.
- You will be required to maintain a professional image at all times and be able to work well as part of our friendly team.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C (or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English) and experience and knowledge of working in the childcare sector.