Data science degree apprenticeship
We’ve worked hard to make our apprenticeship programmes the best experience they can be for everyone involved and are really proud to have been recently awarded 24th place in the top 100 apprenticeship providers in the UK.
Our apprenticeship programmes include:
- Meaningful and challenging work where your ideas will be heard, and you can really make a difference
- Comprehensive on the job training specially tailored for your course
- A fully trained internal mentor who will provide you with ongoing support and guidance
- Regular meet-ups with all our apprentices across Jisc, to share ideas and experiences, support each other and learn additional skills
- Plenty of time off to study, with our experts on hand to answer any questions you may have
- Lots of additional support from people like your manager, team mates and the apprenticeship team; we are a friendly bunch who all want you to do really well!
You will need the following to do this apprenticeship:
- 112 UCAS points which must include A Level Maths (or equivalent)
You’ll also need to be creative and curious, flexible, willing to learn and a real self-starter. You’ll need to be able to work hard, using your own initiative and be driven to make the most of the opportunity.
About the role
As a Data Science Apprentice in Jisc, you will gain valuable work experience, qualifying with a degree at the end of your course.
You’ll learn how to analyse data and see patterns and trends in human behaviour on a scale and with a level of accuracy we could not have contemplated in the past.
Some of the topics you will cover throughout the four-year course will include:
- Statistics and data analysis
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Foundations
- Modelling and systems
- Communication and visualisation
We want a world where people learn, discover and thrive through access to technology. No matter who they are or where they live. We’re a social enterprise, so every penny we create is reinvested in our core purpose.
We’re a place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun. Our values are our guiding principles. They are pride, passion, pace, trust, and teamwork.
Why work at Jisc
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home.
We’re always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too:
- We offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- We contribute a huge 19.5% to your 8.8% for your pension from day one
- We provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
This role will be based in Bristol.
Connecting with each other is a doddle, thanks to our technology, but meeting face to face is something we value and find time for when we can, so you may need to travel on occasion. Our main offices are in Bristol, Harwell, London and Manchester.
Other stuff you need to know
At Jisc we celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help.
We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoiding missing out on this role.