Apprentice - IT Infrastructure
Job Title: Apprentice – IT Infrastructure
Req ID: 144495BR
Locations: Wyton, Cambridgeshire
Summary of Role
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to kick-start a career within IT Infrastructure and the Secure Systems / Defence sector. The role will offer an Apprenticeship and will provide on the job training as well as requiring attendance at a local college. The role will be based at a secure site in Cambridgeshire where there is a Raytheon team, military and civil staff.
The primary objective of the role is to integrate as part of the Raytheon team keeping the critical customer systems running. The investment that the team will make will enable the successful candidate to obtain the required skills to quickly add value to the customer, initially as an Apprentice and thereafter as a fully-fledged permanent employee.
It is important to note that the successful candidate will be required to obtain a high level of MoD security clearance (DV). Raytheon will provide full support for this and it will be discussed in detail with all applicants during the recruitment process to ensure full understanding of the checks and timescales.
This is a rare opportunity with fantastic development opportunities and future prospects which could lead to degree study on day release for the right candidate.
In this role you will undertake training within IT Infrastructure with emphasis on the following:
- Server Builds
- Workstation builds
- Network Security Devices
- Rack Builds
- Rack Cabling
- Incident resolution
- Infrastructure change tasks
- Completing infrastructure change documentation
- Training within the Service Delivery areas
- Assisting with Customer projects in addressing issues and problem solving
- Assisting existing on site staff and sub-contractors to deliver IT support
- Handling telephone support calls
- Handling incoming helpdesk emails
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the 1st line support
- Working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to 2nd/3rd line support staff
- Related qualifications in IT or Computer related subject (desirable).
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Demonstrated interest in IT
- Flexibility to travel to other Raytheon sites as and when required
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday plus statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval
· On site canteen facilities are available at some sites, others offer free snacks and drinks
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.