Digital & Technology Solutions Apprentice (Degree Apprenticeship)

Recruiter
RAPP LIMITED
Location
1st Floor, The Galleria, Station Road, Crawley, RH10 1WW
Salary
£22,000.00 annually
Posted
08 Aug 2019
Closes
24 Aug 2019
Ref
VAC001566230
Specialism
IT
Sector
Unspecified
Role Type
Apprenticeship, Degree
Start Date
October
Duration
Permanent
Based in our new Crawley office, near Gatwick airportyou'll spend 80% of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant, valuable skills, contributing to exciting client projects at the leading-edge of marketing technology. The remaining 20% of your time you'll follow an established apprenticeship programme run by our partner, Ada College, graduating after three years with a BSC Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions.

The primary role of a software developer is to build and test simple, high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers. You'll typically be working as a part of a larger team in which you'll have responsibility for some of the less complex elements of the projects. You'll need to be able to interpret design documentation and specifications and will also be involved in some business analysis and testing activities.

YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Developing and unit testing web applications, software applications and web sites including maintenance & support
  • Assisting Project Managers and Technical Leads in the planning of projects (e.g. provision of estimates, risk analysis, requirements analysis, technical options)
  • Designing software
  • Getting involved in the full life-cycle of projects (including pre-sales, analysis and system design, development and support)
  • Supporting and working collaboratively with team managers across areas of design, development, quality assurance and operations
  • Possibly travelling from time to time, to work with client services and digital production teams at other Code or clients' offices
  • Attending client meetings if required, to discuss and demonstrate solutions
  • Building your portfolio of experience and putting your off-the-job learning into practice


Requirements and prospects

Desired skills

We're happy to consider people with no prior experience. The following may be useful, but is not a prerequisite
  • Some exposure to a modern programming language like Python, C##, JavaScript,
  • Some SQL knowledge, understands principles of relational DB
  • Interest in object-oriented programming (OOP)
  • Evidence of how you enjoy of working with technology


Personal qualities

  • Strong logical and creative problem-solving abilities
  • Good communication and people skills
  • Passion and enthusiasm for new technology
  • Pro-active and self-motivated
  • Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills and contribute to the team's objectives
  • Ability to work to deadlines and to be delivery-focused
  • Flexibility and willingness to help out where needed to achieve team goals
  • Ability to work independently and take responsibility for own activities

What we need from you:
  • Jump in
  • Find problems
  • Fix them
  • Build relationships
  • Imagine new solutions
  • Invent them
  • Do whatever it takes to go above and beyond
  • Stand up for individuality


Desired qualifications

'A' Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above (or equivalent), ideally in maths, Technology, Engineering or Science-related subjects, or 260 UCAS points (equivalent to two Cs and one B at A level (excludes General Studies). Or 5 Highers from your 5th year at school, if Scottish.

Future prospects

Potential for a full-time permanent Junior Developer role once you've achieved your qualification.

Similar jobs

More searches like this

Similar jobs