Customer Services Apprentice
Taylor & Francis have an exciting new opportunity for 2 Apprentices to join our Customer Services team on a fixed-term 18-month contract.
The overall purpose of the roles is to work as an integral part of the department by providing outstanding customer service to our internal and external customers in accordance with Company practice and procedures.
The apprentice will:
- Work alongside experienced employees
- Learn and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be competent in the role of a Customer Service Executive
Work towards gaining:
- A Level 3 Apprenticeship in Customer Service Specialist (Standard)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & Maths (if applicable)
- You will need to pass an End Point Assessment in order to successfully achieve your apprenticeship
The skills developed during the Apprenticeship will enable the successful candidate to become a professional Customer Service Specialist offering direct customer support.
The Apprentice will learn and demonstrate the ability to:
- Take ownership of customer queries received throughout a variety of means to resolution in line with policies/procedures
- Striving to increase customer satisfaction/first time resolution and reduce the need for customers to contact
- Resolve product or service problems/queries by clarifying customer issues, determining the root cause of problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to the problem, expediting corrections/adjustments and following up to ensure resolution
- Manage day to day business processes, liaising with the Shared Service Centres where appropriate
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or suggest amendments to relevant teams
- Maintain knowledge of department policies, processes, procedures and systems used, developing an internal network to increase knowledge
- Play an active role in the achievement of department goals by assisting with all types of work across the department as needed
- Use Salesforce to manage customer contacts and workflow in line with the SOP
- In addition to the above, the role holder will be expected to help on projects and workload as determined by business needs and the Manager
Knowledge and Qualifications:
There needs to be the potential for the significant development of capabilities and competence during the programme for you to be eligible. You will not be able to complete an Apprenticeship in a role if you already hold the same level or higher existing qualification in Customer Services.
- As a minimum requirement, you will need to have achieved or be expecting to achieve 5 GCSE passes at Grade C/4 or above including in English and Maths or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- A basic understanding of the principles of customer service
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the drive to achieve
- Effective time management skills
- Creative thinking ability with ability to problem-solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Great attention for detail, maintaining accuracy and speed
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A team player, building good working relationships and retaining a positive attitude towards your work, colleagues and fellow stakeholders
- The willingness to learn excellent customer service practice
Things to consider:
- An Apprenticeship is a learning opportunity. Apprentices will be required to complete the mandatory 20% period of off-the-job training and all tasks associated with obtaining the Apprenticeship qualification
- Any new person applying for apprenticeship roles where Abingdon and Witney College deliver the training will be required to attend an Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session at Witney or Abingdon campus. This will consist of a series of initial assessments (required prior to any apprenticeship offer), completion of essential paperwork, the opportunity to find out more about the apprenticeship process, the training included, and a forum for your questions
- By applying for this vacancy, you are giving Abingdon and Witney College permission to undertake a Learner Record Service check on your previous qualifications. We make every effort to ensure that applicants from non-traditional academic backgrounds or those who may not have the formal GCSE entry requirements can access apprenticeships where possible
- You must be willing to travel to Abingdon and Witney College on occasion as part of the 20% off the job training to fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship
- Assessment Days will be taking place in September 2019
On completion of the Apprenticeship:
After successful completion of the Apprenticeship a certificate will be issued formally recognising this achievement and will mark the end of the fixed-term Apprenticeship.
Taylor & Francis will make every effort to identify a suitable internal role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship, however there is no automatic guaranteed progression to a permanent or fixed-term role after successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
In return we offer: A competitive salary of circa £17,000 per annum, 25 days holiday per annum (with an additional 3 days for Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Please provide a supporting covering letter along with your CV for this application.
This position is based in our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.