Apprentice - Registration Service
Apprentice - Registration Service
Salary - £9951 per annum for level 2 / £12,579 per annum for level 3
Contract status - Fixed-term for 12 months (level 2) / Fixed-term for 18 months (level 3)
Hours - Full-time, 36 hours per week (20% study time)
Apprenticeship framework/standard - Business and Administration Level 2 / Business and Administration Level 3 / Business Administrator Level 3
About our apprenticeship scheme
We are looking for hard-working, motivated and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship scheme. Regardless of your age, previous experience or qualifications (although you must be at least 16 years of age and not in full-time education), we’re welcoming applications from those that show potential, determination and a drive to succeed. In return we can give you the opportunity to kick-start your career under the management of our skilled and experienced staff, whilst earning, learning and achieving nationally recognised qualifications at the same time.
About the role
We have a new and exciting apprenticeship opportunity within our Registration Service. In this role you will provide administrative support and reception duties for our registration officers, working within a legislative framework, adhering to strict rules and regulations. You will also take an active role in producing birth, death and marriage certificates from historical records which date back to 1837.
You will work in our Registration Service where we register births and deaths and conduct marriage and civil partnership ceremonies. We have a growing reputation for the quality service that we deliver in a caring and customer focused manner.
We’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills, good IT skills, good attention to detail, enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn. A helpful and tactful approach is an essential requirement of this post as you will be dealing with people registering births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships in a busy and at times stressful environment. You will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality customer care. Training will be given on the registration service software and all aspects of registration work.
Please note, in order to qualify for apprenticeship funding and be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a GCSE level C/equivalent in Maths and English and be able to present original qualification certificates - if you do not hold these qualifications/certificates you must be committed to complete these via functional skills assessments as part of the apprenticeship.
- Only apply for an apprenticeship unrelated to any qualifications they hold at the same or higher level than the apprenticeship they wish to apply for. The apprenticeship being applied for must be unrelated in subject and content from the qualification already held.
- Not be enrolled on another funded apprenticeship or another funded further education or higher education programme at the time you start your new apprenticeship.
- Have the right to work and study in England and be one of the following:
- A citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the right to abode in the UK and have been resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of your apprenticeship.
- A non-EEA citizen with permission from the UK government to live in the UK, (not for educational purposes) and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least the previous three years before the start of learning.
Our apprenticeships are offered on a minimum contract duration of 12 months (some are longer depending on the level of apprenticeship you undertake), offer 23 days paid annual leave, access to our staff benefits (including discounts at local shops, restaurants and attractions), and a minimum starting salary of:
- £9951 per annum for level 2 apprenticeships (equivalent to 5 GCSE passes)
- £12,579 per annum for level 3 apprenticeships (equivalent to 2 A Level passes)
In addition there are further discounts available to apprentices and more information can be found at the Apprentice Extra website and Apprenticeship Connect website.
We’re extremely proud of our apprenticeship scheme and the achievements of our apprentices, many of whom have secured permanent employment with the Council and continue to excel in their careers.
There has never been a better time to undertake an apprenticeship! To register your interest please apply online by submitting your current CV and a short supporting statement outlining what skills, abilities and experience you can bring which makes you an ideal candidate for this role and our apprenticeship scheme.
Please refer to how you meet the criteria outlined in the job profile in your supporting statement.
Job profile - click here to view/download
More information about apprenticeships can be found on the National Apprenticeship website.
Closing date for applications - Sunday 8th September 2019
Interview date - To be confirmed
The Royal Borough of Kingston is Disability Confident Committed. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role and ensure that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible.