Degree Apprentice Games Client Developer
As part of the Slingo Originals games studio, you will be responsible for the development of new innovative gaming concepts, in accordance with the company roadmap, and providing ongoing support for content released on the live platforms.
You will be working in an Agile environment, collaborating with product owners, client developers, devops and QA teams. You will be an active participant in developing an idea into a final product. As a highly motivated individual you will also be interested in learning and investigating new technologies and be comfortable suggesting ways to improve our technology platform.
We are regulated by the Gaming Commission so we have to be compliant in everything we do, and we are passionate about creating high quality games.
Bringing your own ideas, tools and experiences to the role is an essential part of what makes our development team so effective. Everyone has their own unique skill set.
- Learn how to develop and maintain our in-house HTML5 games to a detailed product specification using Pixi.js.
- Implementation and preparation of localised game assets and language elements
- Passionate about games and a keen interest in game-play mechanics
- Keen to learn how to write high quality code that is robust, well tested and easy to maintain
- Self-driven learning and investigating and suggesting new ways to improve our tech platform
- Follow our guidelines and development standards
What’s most important is that you are an intelligent individual with a passion for computing, programming and problem solving.
We are looking for someone with a keen interest in gaming and maybe some initial experience in HTML5 game development.
- Some initial experience in HTML5 games development (desirable)
We work with the following key technologies:
Typescript, Pixi.js, TexturePacker, Grunt, Bower, IDEA, TexturePacker, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Angular
It is not necessary for you to have an understanding of these technologies at this point, but it would be advantageous if you researched these.
- A problem solver
- Team player
- Passion for programming
- Full of ideas
You should have (or expect to achieve in Summer 2019) excellent ‘A’ levels, or equivalents, which would meet University entry requirements:
- A-Levels: BBB
- GCSE Mathematics: C
- GCSE English Language: C
- BTEC National Diploma: DDM
- IB: 30 points, including Standard Mathematics grade 4