Apprentice - Network Support Engineer
Weekly wage £288.46
Working week Mon-Thurs between 8am & 6pm, Friday 8am - 4.15pm. Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 15 months Possible start date 23 Oct 2017 Date posted 26 Sep 2017 Distance 73.9 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001313703 Positions 1 available Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Completed a Level 3 BTEC in IT
- Previous support desk/service desk experience desirable but not essential
- Previous customer service experience
- Good problem solving skills
- Great communication skills
- Previous experience of working with ISP's ( desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of the function of hubs, switches and routers in a network
- Knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing concepts
- Able to identify layers of the OSI model
- Knowledge of types of networks ( LAN , WAN )
- Knowledge of the function and definition of gateways and firewalls
- Potential to study towards and gain Cisco ICND1 certification
- Will genuinely care about the customer experience and will be comfortable providing telephone based support.
- Will be able to handle variety and is able to articulate solutions to customers in a non-technical manner.
- We are looking for people with sound questioning and troubleshooting skills, who are keen to learn through personal study and training (formal + on the job).
- They will be interested in cross-platform networks and internet technology.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and keen to deliver great service.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Future prospects RM have a robust career path, Things to consider Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly - any attempt of this may invalidate candidate's application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.