School and College leaver opportunities in Assurance with PwC - starting Autumn 2018
7 days left
Get a head start
Traditionally, there’s has only been one route when school comes to an end. University. Degree. Career. But things have changed. The world of business is changing, and there are now many professional opportunities available to you straight out of school. Join one of our School and College leaver programmes in Assurance and you’ll earn a competitive salary while you study towards a professional qualification. You’ll be part of a team, working on client projects, which means you’ll be learning on the job, building the in-depth business knowledge you’ll need to progress through our business. Don’t worry though; you’ll be looked after throughout your first few years by a dedicated team at PwC and we’ll teach you all you need to know to do the job.
What you’d do in Assurance
Our purpose is to provide decision makers with the information they need to take their business to the next level. We do this by getting to know our clients really well, gaining an understanding of the challenges they face by building relationships with the people who experience them day-to-day. So in Assurance, we provide audit services and assess how each specific organisation can best reflect on the past and prepare for the future for both their business and their employees. Working in Assurance, you’ll really get to know your clients, talking to staff – sometimes very senior – to establish what processes and controls are in place around the finances, forming your own opinion of their accounts and making sure they’re in order. The work you’ll do is varied and each client is different, meaning you’ll learn how to think on your feet, present your findings, and build up lots of business skills.
Who we are
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We tackle lots of different issues for loads of different organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses. We help with big deals and big changes to their structures and businesses. We advise on many financial issues that impact their business including tax, auditing and the controls in place to ensure their business is operating effectively. We make sure they’re getting the most out of their IT helping them plan ahead to manage risk, make sure they’re sustainable, and profitable.
Reasons to join us
- Be part of the world’s leading professional services global network.
- Experience the best opportunities to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others, and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development - professional qualifications team, tutors, career coach and mentor and independent careers service team - to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and the heart of the digital revolution.
- Earn a competitive salary, holiday banking where you can accrue up to 40 days holiday and the ability to design a benefits package to meet your personal needs.
You can find out more information about PwC and our opportunities for school and college leavers by attending one of our Office Open Events or Virtual Events. We’ll be running events throughout the year at our offices across the UK.
To find an event near you, visit our website at pwc.com/uk/schools/events
What you need to bring to us
- A UCAS tariff of at least 112 (or equivalent)
- A passion for business
- An eagerness to learn
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.