Weekly wage £129.50 ►Wages explained
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Working week Monday - Saturday with one day off during the week. This job may also require an evening shift until 9pm (term time only). Total hours per week: 37.00 Apprenticeship duration 24 months Possible start date 23 Oct 2017 Date posted 27 Sep 2017 Distance 139 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001314719 Positions 2 available
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Level 2 & Level 3 Beauty Therapy and/or Level 3 Complimentary therapy
- Nail technology skills would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisation and time management
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work within a team
- 5 GCSEs graded A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent.
- Level 3 qualifications, either 2 A-Levels or an Extended Diploma required.
Future prospects Prospects may arise in the technical support team or as a senior beauty therapist. Things to consider This vacancy includes Saturday and evening work. From April 1st 2017 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.