Business Support Officer
- Demonstrable interest in legal matters/procedures relating to corporate governance.
- Relevant experience as a Personal Assistant, Executive Support Assistant, Clerk or similar role to a comparable entity in either the public or private sector;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent literacy skills and ability to write for a variety of audiences;
- Excellent numeracy skills;
- Good IT skills and experience with Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- The ability to work alone and as part of a small team;
- The ability to prioritise, manage a busy workload and work to deadlines;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Willingness to attend meetings across the Solent area;
- Flexible approach to duties and willingness to work as part of a wider Executive team to support any and all operations of the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership where required;
- Flexible approach to working hours and willingness to attend meetings at times convenient to the Solent LEP, often including early and/or evening meetings.
Who is the Person?
The role requires excellent communication skills and you will be a proven team-player who is able to demonstrate previous experience as an efficient administrator. Maturity and the ability to ‘hit-the-ground-running' are a must. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills and attention to detail. This position interfaces with CEOs and Heads of Service of external clients, as well as internal colleagues, so a confident and polite telephone manner is absolutely essential, as well as the ability to be discreet and respect client confidentiality. You will need to be enthusiastic, flexible, polite and helpful. A good standard of written English is required to fulfil the duties of report writing and preparing presentations.
Applicants will need to have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in an office based environment or an administration role and/or have achieved a Level 3 apprenticeship in a related discipline (or equivalent qualification).
Management and Supervision
You will be working under the supervision of the Solent LEP Personal Assistant & Office Manager and with guidance and monitoring from the Heads of Service. Whilst there will always be support available, it is expected that you will be able to work unsupervised for a number of the duties.Qualifications required
Applicants will need to have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in an office based environment or an administration role or have achieved a Level 3 apprenticeship in a related discipline (or equivalent qualification).Future prospects This role would give the apprentice a solid grounding in all the key concepts, techniques and skills needed to develop effectively in a Programme/Project Officer role or a Business Administration role.