Apprentice (Intermediate) ICT Apprentice - Stafford Manor High School
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and effectively to a diverse range of audiences.
- The ability to work effectively with, relate to and earn the trust of support staff, teaching staff, senior management and young people.
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Good practical ICT skills with underpinning knowledge and understanding.
- Friendly, professional and respectful approach.
- Open, honest and an active listener.
- Be responsible and accountable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the needs of students, parents and stakeholders by providing an effective service.
- Display a ‘can do' attitude in problem solving, taking part and achieving expectations.
- Be committed to providing and improving a quality service.
- Be adaptable to change, welcoming development.
- Act with pace and energy, be enthusiastic and decisive.
- Communicate effectively
- Experience of working in an ICT environment.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- NVQ Level 1 in IT or equivalent qualification or experience in a relevant discipline.
- A-C GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths, English required