Finance Apprentice with John Smith & Son Group
An amazing opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of Accountancy duties whilst studying towards the industry recognised AAT 3
The Post Holder will facilitate and support the management of the Accounts Purchase and Sales Ledgers. They will also maintain and ensure the accuracy of the accounting records of the Company.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Reconciliation of Supplier accounts
- Coding invoices
- Inputting of invoices
- Inputting of credit / debit notes
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Creating proposed monthly cheque run for the financial controller to authorise for payment
- Dealing with any polling errors
- Petty cash
- Customer reconciliations and queries
- Customer aged debt collection
- Adhoc duties as required
We are looking for an apprentice that wants to grow and develop within the company and stay with us beyond the duration of their course
As an Accountancy Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at Level 3. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake two AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping modules and the full AAT Level 3 qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs A*-C including Mathematics and English Language
- A firm understanding of excel and word will be beneficial
- Knowledge of finance
- A keen eye for detail
- An eagerness to learn and develop
- A good understanding of how they wish to develop
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).