Junior IT Apprentice
Random International are looking for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team.
Art Group Random International run a collaborative studio for experimental practice within contemporary art and work with larger teams of diverse and complementary talent out of studios in London and Berlin.
Random International are seeking a detail-oriented and flexible individual to maintain and improve the core IT infrastructure of the studio and its work. They are looking for a highly organised individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The successful applicant will be tasked with:
● Supporting, maintaining and administering the IT infrastructure and equipment in the studio
● Supporting and maintaining the computer systems present in the studio’s artworks both remotely and in-person
● Developing and deploying hardware/software solutions for internal projects and systems; for example documenting the system's implementation of pieces, archiving of image sets and cold storage of data
● Writing detailed reports and keeping records of maintenance issues and procedures
Desirable qualities in a successful applicant include:
- An aptitude for problem solving and affinity for machines and computer systems
- An interest in electronics and physical computing
- An interest and understanding of computer networks
- Experience working in a mixed OS environment (Windows, OSX, Linux)