KELLOGG'S OPERATOR APPRENTICESHIP 2019 - JOB ADVERT
Closing Date: 30/08/2019
Start Date: September 2019
Millions of packets of Kellogg's cereal are scanned through Retailer's outlets every day in the UK. Have you ever wondered how these products become available to our customers? It's a highly successful and complex operation, with talented people at its heart.
As a successful applicant, you will experience what it's like, to be part of a global business that delights the world through foods and brands that matter! With Kellogg's you will have the opportunity to gain great exposure to key areas that will help shape you to become an industry expert.
What better way to start your career, than joining a company as ambitious as you are...all whilst enjoying the journey, together.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of the operation - where some of Kellogg's finest brands are produced. The Manchester plant has been making breakfast cereal for over 80 years and has been developing generation after generation of apprentices to continue its success for 61 years.
Reporting directly to an End-to-End Leader, this role will be responsible for process or packing in a primary area, coupled with secondary skills to be part of a flexible operational team.
Plant operations cover all aspects of food manufacture including material movement, Autonomous and Routine Maintenance tasks, processing plant and packing lines. Manchester Plant is a large manufacturing plant with process and packing operations based over 6 floors. The role operates on a weekday basis (Monday to Friday) and will include a high level of manual handling.
The Operations Apprenticeship consists of a 3 year fully funded training scheme through a combination of theory and practical application in our Manchester plant. You will learn all the skills you need to be a qualified technical operator.
- Performing Engineering Operations - NVQ Level 2 Qualification
- 12 weeks' full-time college followed by on the job training and assessment
YEAR 2 & 3:
- Food and Drink Process Operator Standard Qualification
- Full-time Plant role including Food & Drink Operations Modules with Assessments
At Manchester, all our work is underpinned by 'Lean' principles, For example, placing the Customer 'at the heart of everything we do' and continuously improving towards perfection! If you are passionate about making a difference, want to learn more about our Kellogg Apprenticeship scheme and are interested to learn about food manufacturing then why not apply?
Once fully trained, you will be expected to work proactively within a team to;
- Operate high speed packing and process equipment
- Conduct first line maintenance and fault finding
- Conduct Planned Autonomous Maintenance Inspections and tasks
- Conduct Practical Problem Solving
It doesn't stop there, as our career path can take you as far as your ambition and drive. Some of our apprentices have gone on to be successful European Supply Chain Managers; Plant Directors; Maintenance Managers; Quality and Food Safety Managers.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Minimum of GCSE level 4 in Mathematics, English and one other subject
- Confident communicator with ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver work to a given timescale
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- A creative thinker with a positive, can-do attitude
- Keen eye for detail and strong interest in manufacturing
- Interest in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry
OUR KELLOGG BENEFITS
- Cornflex - discounts from retail/travel/dining/entertainment/health/sport and beyond!
- Team Building Trips - Outward Bound
- Shares Scheme
- Free On-Site Gym
- Sports & Social Club
- Family Days
- Discounted Kellogg's Products
- Cycle-To-Work Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applications must be made via our Kellogg Careers Site:
Please ensure that you answer the competency questions asked within the application process and attach the required documents, along with your CV.
Watch our Operator Apprenticeship Recruitment Advert (Insert video)
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.