Apprentice Insurance Broker with Alan & Thomas Insurance Group
The role of the Apprentice Insurance Broker is an important role in the company. The Apprentice will learn the role of an Insurance Broker whilst gaining experience by supporting our Advisers and Account Executives in various areas of the business. The 18 month programme combines practical learnings gained on the job as well as developing knowledge to gain the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) professional qualification. Success in the role will primarily be judged on providing excellent support to the various departments of A&T and completion of the study programme.
Job duties include:
- Assist Account Handlers/Advisers/Account Executives/ Claims Team with administration support on a daily basis including general enquiries, renewals, mid-term adjustments, obtaining quotations, filing, photocopying and accounting procedures as requested
- Deal with customer service (i.e. non advice) enquiries from clients, insurers and other third parties in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage administration of client renewals, including renewal documentation; renewal quotations and accounting procedures ensuring FCA deadlines are adhered to.
- Assist in preparation of sales and renewal documentation including client letters, renewal and final reports as applicable.
- Administer mid-term adjustments.
- Input data onto the office systems.
- Maintain an efficient diary system including age debtors lists, accounts queries, chasing documentation and renewal terms
- Liaise with insurers and other third parties regarding the administration of client’s insurance
- Develop good working relationships with key Insurer personnel
- Adhere to Training & Competence scheme requirements.
- Adhere to FCA requirements
- Any other duty as reasonably requested.
- Embrace and comply with company values.
The successful candidate will experience the various departments within our company and due to our continued growth, there are often opportunities in each of these departments. Our past apprentices are now in roles such as claims advisers, small commercial insurance adviser and commercial account handlers. Some of these apprentices have expressed a desire to become Complex Commercial Account Executive so we have built career plans to help them achieve their goal in the years following completion of their apprenticeship.