Level 4 Software Tester Apprentice
About the company:
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016; we’re starting our new future together. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Apprentice Test Analyst, with a Logistics Company based in Coventry.
The Test Analyst will proficiently plan, prepare, execute and report on the testing activities within assigned waterfall and agile project teams. The role will involve working closely with delivery stakeholders such as developers, business analysts and users, project managers, solution architects, release management, change management and operational teams as part of the software delivery cycle.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Coordinate the complete test cycle of software development from requirements testing to user acceptance and release testing
- Analysis of requirements, user stories, solution designs and project documentation to perform static testing and provide input into project team members
- Plan testing at different stages of the development lifecycle including formation of test strategies, plans in collaboration with development, test and Scrum teams
- Design, develop and execute reusable and maintainable automated scripts using available tools in line with automation frameworks and TCOE best practices
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- Proficient in methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. Examples: product / work breakdown structures, base lining, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution
- Aware of knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) and the IT applications and service processes used within own organisation
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages e.g. Java, Visual Basic, Shell, Python
- Experience using ALM tools such as Microfocus ALM, Octane, Jira
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) e.g. Windows Server 2012, 2016, Unix/Linux Redhat 6, 7, Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, Oracle 11g, 12c, MSSQL 2012, 2016
- Experience of writing and executing SQL queries
- Completed Secondary Education (to A level, International Baccalaureate or equivalent standard)
- Works with and may influence immediate colleagues. May have some external contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May have more influence in own domain
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications.
- Necessary communication skills for effective dialogue with customers, suppliers and partners
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor own work
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Software Tester standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Testing Tools (Part 1)
- Testing Tools (Part 2)
- Testing Concepts (Part 1)
- Testing Concepts (Part 2)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Please contact Grace on Grace.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333