Apprentice Infrastructure Engineer
Brief overview of the role Working on a large friendly Account, the Apprentice Infrastructure Engineer role provides candidates with an exciting opportunity to develop the key skills required for a career in IT and focuses on the disciplines of Remote Infrastructure, IT Security, Data, Performance and Communication.
Training to be provided
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 3 IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
During your 16 month IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry-recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Learning Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 16 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognized qualifications, a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Key responsibilities of the apprentice:
- Securely connects different types of devices (e.g. laptop/mobile) to access the organisations network services (e.g. e-mail, files, applications)
- Configures the hardware/software environment as required by the system being integrated
- Conducts tests of the infrastructure hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools
- Helps to resolve problems and faults, and corrects malfunctions, calling on help from more experienced colleagues if required
- Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures
- Gathers performance statistics from the IT platforms to enable recommendations for the tuning of system software.
- Applies system software parameters to maximize throughput and efficiency.
- Carries out routine configuration / installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software.
Training and development is at the heart ensuring that you know how you can truly develop your skills and maximise your potential. As part of your development, you will receive training via an external training provider with a combination of work-based learning as well as structured training and courses
- A broad knowledge of general IT technologies, and industry trends
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure and handle multiple requests at any given time
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A strong desire to work in the IT industry
- Self-motivated individual, with a strong desire to learn and develop
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever evolving and challenging environment
- A motivated individual
- A positive work attitude
- Quick learner
- Smart appearance
You’ll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Maths, English and IT / Science.
- Monday - Friday 9:30-17:30 Total hours per week: 37.50