Software Tester Apprentice
Brief overview of the role Working on a large friendly account, the Software Tester Apprentice role provides an exciting opportunity to develop key skills required for a career in IT and focuses on the disciplines of Requirements Capture, Software Testing, Test Strategy and Design, Test Plans, Test Data and Tools.
Training to be provided
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
During your 16 month IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry-recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Learning Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 16 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognized qualifications, a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 4 professional competence.
You will be working with experienced IT Consultants who will be mentoring and guiding you to ensure your Apprenticeship is packed full of on the job training and real world experience. You’ll be amazed what you can learn during your Apprenticeship and how Sopra Steria will support your career after your graduation.
- Reviews requirements and specifications and defines test conditions.
- Designs and produces re-usable test scripts (including simple automated test scripts and packages), procedures and regression test packs (with expected results) to test new and amended software.
- Produces plans to test the effect of new and changed software on existing systems
- Analyses test requirements, designs and builds simple test case suites, test scripts, and test procedures, with expected results.
- Uses in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, performance and portability) to determine test requirements.
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Interprets and executes complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- A broad knowledge of general IT technologies, and industry trends
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, ever evolving and challenging environment
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure and handle multiple requests at any given time
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A strong desire to work in the IT industry
- Self-motivated individual, with a strong desire to learn and develop
- A motivated individual
- A positive work attitude
- Quick learner
- Smart appearance
You’ll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Maths, English and IT / Science. Ideally, you’ll also possess A’ Levels, or other relevant qualifications, and an aptitude for functional maths.
- Monday-Friday 09:30-17:30 Total hours per week: 37.50