Apprentice Licensing Systems & Operations Support Officer
As a Systems & Operations Support Apprentice you will be working closely with our Senior Licensing Systems & Operations Support Officer to support our staff and systems. You’ll have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team as well as on an individual basis.
Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external staff within the authority. The Licensing Service works to strict Service Level Agreements and you will be responsible, after training, for the accurate diagnosis and identification of systems issues and to formulate corrective actions, which will be agreed with your line manager. You will be IT-literate with skills in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular, Outlook, Word Excel and Access.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assist with support in facilitating electronic service and process re-engineering and to deliver application support, maintenance, configuration and development that ensures that the department meets and exceeds agreed service levels to its customers.
- Assist with the development of innovative solutions to meet the needs of the Licensing Service within a controlled, consistent and co-operative framework to enable data collection, data processing, report production and performance measurement.
About the company:
Bradford Council is a public sector organisation which is responsible for a number of services which benefit people living in the Bradford district.
These services include social care, education, housing, highways, planning, environmental protection, libraries, street cleaning, waste collections and swimming pools.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the system development process including requirements analysis, design of applications, development and testing, go-live and on-going support.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts like tables, indexes, constraints, procedures, and functions.
- Knows and understands how to use, interpret, handle and communicate complex information.
- Have an understanding of basic SQL commands.
- Can interpret and apply data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of numeracy, literacy and accuracy across a range of activities.
- Can demonstrate analytical, problem solving, logical and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to plan and organise to ensure good time keeping
- Be self aware, approachable and personable
- Be energetic, passionate, determined and resilient
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 Data Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Data Analysis Tools
- Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analytics Software
- Developing Software using SQL
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Please contact Grace on Grace.Bonner@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333