Weekly wage £250.00 - £440.00 Working week Monday - Friday Total hours per week: 37.50 Apprenticeship duration 18 months Possible start date 02 Jan 2018 Date posted 10 Oct 2017 Distance 103.8 miles Apprenticeship level Higher Level Apprenticeship Reference number VAC001319611 Positions 1 available
Requirements and prospects Desired skills We're looking for an IT-enthusiast with:
- Knowledge of networks and firewalls
- Understanding of Remote Desktop Services
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to required deadlines
- Offer exceptional Customer service
- Team Player
- Be flexible in terms of working hours to engage in planned out-of hours system maintenance and upgrades
- Highly motivated and competent with decision-making ability to work without close supervision
- A logical approach to diagnostics and problem solving
- Ability to gather diagnostic information
Personal qualities We're looking for an IT-enthusiast with:
- Calm under pressure
- Communicate effectively with Manager, colleagues and customers
- Follows through on commitments
- Open to criticism and others' ideas
- Strong listening skills
- High degree of organisation and planning
- Treats people with respect
- A full clean driving licence is desirable, but not essential.
We are looking for a candidate that has at least a year's experience in the industry.
You'll also need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Maths, English and IT / Science. Additionally, you'll have an A-level or equivalent (BTEC/Apprenticeship) in ICT.
Future prospects By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your 16 month apprenticeship scheme, upon completion you will be offered a permanent contract ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation. Things to consider A full clean driving licence is desirable, but not essential. Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour from 1st April 2017. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.