Finance VAT Apprentice with BMA
BMA Finance is looking for a VAT Apprentice to assist in the preparation of the BMA Groups UK and worldwide VAT compliance obligations. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring accountancy apprentice to join an exciting and vibrant company. You'll have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and study towards an industry recognised qualification whilst earning a wage!
BMA Finance is looking for a VAT Apprentice to assist in the preparation of the BMA Groups UK and worldwide VAT compliance obligations. The candidate will be expected to study for the first stages of a professional accountancy qualification. At the desk VAT compliance training will also be provided.
The ideal candidate will be numerate, computer literate with working knowledge of MS Office applications e.g. Excel, able to work in a team and exercise initiative, communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, be able to manage workloads to meet tight deadlines and have a willingness to learn.
Under supervision from the VAT assistant, the apprentice shall:
- Assist in the preparation and completion of UK VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of EU VAT and Indian and Australian GST returns.
- Assist in the preparation of Intrastat declarations (shipments of goods to the EU).
- Assist in the preparation of EC Sales List declarations (supplies made to EU VAT registered customers )
- Basic accounting.
- Work on ad hoc projects as required.
The role also entails:
- Regular contact with internal customers (staff) at all levels.
- Responsible for ensuring internal customers are aware of VAT processes and procedures
- Regular contact with Group VAT Manager to seek advice and guidance where necessary.
- Regular contact with BMA Group Finance and data management teams.