Apprentice IT Support Analyst Level 4
- Support the helpdesk through accurate recording of initial support requests (via telephone and email) and dealing with requests in a courteous, customer focus manner
- Ensure all support requests are dealt with and recorded appropriately (using the Support Works Helpdesk system) and in accordance with agreed policies, procedures and SLA's
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced member of the team
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
- Work towards developing knowledge and skills of software and hardware used and supported by Midas
- Develop 1st line resolution skills to handle, manage and close support requests in line with best practice and internal policies, procedures and SLA's
- Conduct preventative maintenance tasks such as the checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Conduct post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Develop IT Support Desk help materials for end users
- Prepare the IT department mail and organize courier transportation of hardware deliveries on a daily basis
- Provide additional support to the IT team as required
- Develop an understanding of organisation goals, vision and individual (as well as team) contribution to this
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT software skills (including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC's, laptops, printers, scanners and digital photocopiers
- Good Communication and organisational skills
- The ideal candidate will have a professional attitude and good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- We are looking for someone who is confident; works well in a team and can demonstrate good organisational skills with the ability to work within a high-pressured environment
A level 3 apprenticeship in Computing or an A Level in Computing.
Possible progression to a higher-level apprenticeship.
Things to consider
£4 - £6 p/hr depending on experience and progression.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Will require own transport to and from place of work and college.