Communications and Administration Apprentice
Carers FIRST is a charity delivering services for people who care for a friend or family member with an illness, disability, substance misuse or a mental health issue. We provide services in 7 areas across the South East, London and the East of England.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
Communications & Admin: We require an apprentice to work within our Communications Team to promote the work of Carers FIRST through a variety of mediums. This role will also provide general admin to the local teams.
The job role is required to:
Promote Carers FIRST and its services across all localities
• Daily use of social media including the monitoring of and posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
• Design and produce a variety of leaflets and posters to publicise Carers FIRST and events
• Support the Communications Assistant to produce monthly e-bulletins and quarterly What’s On Guides ensuring all language and images used fit with Carers FIRST’s communication guidelines
Provide administrative support as part of the Communications team
• As part of the communications team, action requests which are sent to the communications inbox, ensuring actions are completed in a timely manner
• Coordinate the promotional resources in the central office ensuring the most up to date versions are available
Develop a strong understanding of Bluebox database, ensuring accurate records are maintained
• Collate the information supplied by carers through the Mailchimp e-marketing system and update the database accordingly
• Support with the maintenance of the list of professionals and organisations contact details on the database
• Support with the setting up of information required on Bluebox for carer events, groups and surgeries as required
Contribute to the efficient operation of Carers FIRST by providing general administrative support
• Assist the Central Services Team to organise and provide a wide range of administration duties within the office.
• Meet and respond appropriately to visitors received at the office
• Answer the telephone and respond professionally and appropriately to the nature of the call
£4.00 per hour
MON-THU 9AM-5PM, FRI 9AM-4:30PM, but some flexibility is required.
Knowledge of health and social care or a genuine empathy with the work of the organisation
Highly competent in own use of IT (Microsoft Office Applications Word, Excel, Outlook) and mobile telephony
Good organisational skills and ability to work with a minimum of supervision
Ability to communicate effectively – both oral and written
Ability to practice confidentiality at the highest level
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work within professional boundaries
Ability to work as part of a team
Awareness and experience of the use of new technologies in extending the reach to clients and other stakeholders
Ability to compile records and reports and gather data as evidence to develop services
Able to stay calm in a crisis and be measured in your response
Commitment to excellence
Values people and the contribution of all stakeholders
High expectations of self and others
Commitment to values
Educated to A level or a minimum of 5 X GCSE's grades 9-4 (A* to C) to include Maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
Complete NVQ coursework within deadlines
Good personal qualities and willing to learn
Participate in own personal development and grow knowledge of role by attending relevant training
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Additional Detail As of 1st April 2019, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.