Accountancy Apprenticeship with Dover District Council
Working as part of the Capital and Treasury Management team within the Accountancy department of Dover District Council and studying towards an internationally recognised Accountancy qualification. A varied and interesting role giving the right candidate the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in Accountancy within a Local Authority.
As an Accountancy Apprentice with Dover District Council, you will be required to:
- Work with Budget Managers to support the setting of annual budgets for allocated areas of responsibility, in accordance with the timetable;
- Work with Budget Managers to support the regular monitoring of allocated budgets;
- Prepare accounting entries and statement notes to allow the production of the Statement of Accounts, in accordance with the timetable;
- Regularly monitor & reconcile financial control accounts;
- Provide information to support the analysis & assessment of financial implications of service proposals;
- Responsible approach to dealing with confidential information;
- Carry out daily interfaces and month-end procedures on a rotational basis;
- Provide administrative support to the section and prepare statistical returns as required;
- Update the fixed asset register;
- Prepare information for Treasury Management and Capital returns;
- Regular monitoring of the Corporate Maintenance budget and Property Services revenue budgets;
- Regular monitoring of the Property Investment revenue codes;
- Assist the Capital and Treasury Management Accountant in the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.