Apprentice - Business Administration
Your new role
Are you looking for a new role which will be varied, challenging and rewarding? Do you have good communication skills? Are you well organised with the ability to multi task? If so this could be the role for you!
Highways England are looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice on a 2-year fixed term contract, based in our Birmingham office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your knowledge skills and competence in the workplace with the benefit of support from your learning provider, experienced colleagues, and the wider business. During your apprenticeship you will gain experience in all aspects of business administration and will work towards achieving a Level 4 qualification.
What you'll be leading on
- Provide admin support to your team, such as answering the telephone, diary management, dealing with enquiries, preparing and drafting correspondence, assisting with reports & presentations.
- Carry out a range of activities under the guidance of a line manager or mentor which support both the achievement of personal development and delivery of business requirements.
- Seek to improve processes, keeping value for money as a focus.
- Operate within and comply with our policies, procedures and values at all times.
- Maintain own learning records to ensure that all necessary development activities are undertaken.
To be successful
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner; effective listening and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with line managers in the business in order to deliver against their requirements.
- Problem solving skills, with ability to prioritise critical items and identify risk
- Be reliable and self-motivated.
- Be a team player; continually seeking to improve and develop your own skills and the performance of the team.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), grades A* to C (new grade 4 to 9) with English and Maths at grade B/6 being two of those subjects. Or equivalent Functional Skills.
- 120 UCAS points and / or relevant experience.
Want to know more?
Click link to job description
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.