Apprentice Finance Assistant with Knowledge Schools Trust
- 18-24 months
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like a career in accountancy, allowing the right candidate to gain a qualification and vital work experience whilst earning a wage.
Providing support to the Finance Director and Management Accountants with the processing of invoices into the accounting system (Sage 50), to support the monthly management accounting process and to assist with other financial and accounting areas of the Trust’s operations. Most of the role is transaction processing for the secondary school (West London Free School) but some similar work for the three primary schools may also be required. In addition, the role includes monthly management accounts and bank and credit card reconciliations for the ‘head office’ entity (Knowledge Schools Trust) and possibly for the Trust’s subsidiary, Knowledge Schools Trust Enterprises.
West London Free School
- Processing of invoices, expense claims, charge card transactions, and petty cash slips, into the accounting system and filing of invoices/supporting documents. Ensuring that the VAT treatment is accurately reflected in the accounting system.
- Preparing online payments for authorisation and payment by the Finance Director.
- Recording and banking of any cheque or cash income.
- Keeping a record of all incomings and outgoings into petty cash and ensure the cash balance reconciles to supporting documentation.
- Dealing with supplier queries regarding invoices and payment dates.
Knowledge Schools Trust
- Processing of invoices, charge card transactions and expense claims into the accounting system and filing of invoices/supporting documents. Ensuring that the VAT treatment is accurately reflected in the accounting system.
- Preparing the monthly bank account and charge card reconciliation for review
- Preparing online payments for authorisation and payment by the Finance Director
- Preparing the monthly management accounts for review and authorisation by the Finance Director, including preparing budget versus actual analysis.
- Assisting with the Trust VAT return, including following up VAT numbers with suppliers
- Assisting with the preparation of Trust wide statutory accounts.