Apprentice Legal Receptionist
Barnes Marsland Solicitors is one of East Kent’s leading Law firms. From our office in Broadstairs, our friendly team have been putting the interest of clients first for over one hundred years, and many generations of clients have come to trust us to assist in the legal affairs of their families and businesses.
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
This is a valuable opportunity to join an established, leading law firm in East Kent and develop a range of skills that will support you throughout your career.
Barnes Marsland Solicitors have a successful history of supporting apprentices in the past and this latest opportunity would be perfect for anybody looking to kick-start their career, particularly if you are interested in a career in Law.
As the Apprentice Legal Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for clients and will build up a good knowledge of the main fields of legal work whilst also developing your administrative skills.
If you are ambitious, a good team player, and ready to make your mark then we would love to hear from you.
This is a varied and busy role where you will develop a range of administrative skills. Tasks will include – but are not limited to – the following:
– Answering the switchboard and dealing with queries from clients or others, or transferring to the appropriate person.
-Greeting visitors – including clients – in reception and informing the appropriate person of their arrival.
– Conducting incoming and outgoing post routines
– Circulating Memos as requested
– Carrying out banking procedures (cheque receipts and posting slips)
– Maintaining stationery supplies; placing new orders when needed
– Keeping the office diary system up to date
– Maintaining the Office Reception Book
– Photocopying and faxing all documentation as reasonably requested
– Carrying out file archiving and retrieval as necessary.
– Keeping the reception area neat and tidy
To buy or ensure that refreshments and other necessary ancillary items are available in the office.
– Making refreshments for clients where appropriate and reasonable.
– Carrying out paper shredding as required and contacting the shredding company to arrange collection of sacks
– Scanning post and other documentation as and when required.
£136.50 per week
35 working hours per week:
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Includes one hour (unpaid) lunchbreak
Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Confident / friendly telephone manner
Good ICT skills and ability to work with a range of systems (computer, fax machine, franking machine etc)
Good attention to detail
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to work to deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner.
The successful candidate should be presentable, ambitious, willing to learn, and a good team player.
Maths – GCSE Grade C/ 4 minimum
English – GCSE Grade C / 4 minimum
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
The employer has asked that you do not contact them direct. Doing so could jeopardise your application. You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst waiting for your first wages to be paid.
KT&A: Kent Training & Apprenticeships are part of Kent County Council and are a leading training organisation with nearly 30 years successful experience. KT&A specialise in high quality work-based training, delivered by qualified staff with personal experience of working in the skill area they teach.