Accounts Payable Apprentice
We are looking for an organised and tenacious person to work within New River's fast-paced Accounts Payable Team. Throughout your time with the company, you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of accounts payable.A typical day:
- You will log invoices onto our Payment system
- Managing accounts payable inbox on a daily basis
- Ensure any applicable purchase order numbers are matched and allocated correctly
- Ability to communicate with the overall team so that invoices are signed off/queried in line with the payment run deadlines
- Running creditors reports on a monthly basis to ensure clean accounts, any queries communicated to the appropriate Accountant/ Asset Manager
- Creating EFT files from our system, Yardi, then accurately upload onto HSBC net with appropriate back up/ sign off
- Weekly Cash report alternating between another member of the team
What makes a good candidate?
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- You have high attention to detail
- You have good organisational skills
- You are eager to learn and work well within a team
- You have a keen interest in a career in finance
- Five GCSE grades C - A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
- Level 3 qualification (BTEC, NVQ or equivalent)
- B at GCSE Maths
- Health cover
- Showers on-site
- Bike to work scheme
- Social events
- Amazing location
- Enhanced parental leave
- WhiteHat community
9am - 5:30pmIncluded in qualification:
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 3 Assistant Accountant (AAT3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Accounting apprenticeship progress into a full-time role as Junior Finance Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeping Assistant, Junior Tax Consultant or Audit Assistant. You can also complete the ACCA qualification into Chartered Accountancy.