Investment Consulting Apprentice
Requirements: 104 UCAS points at A-Level (or equivalent) and five GCSE's A*-C
Locations: Birmingham, Leeds
As the world leader in Investment Consulting, Aon has been advising employers and governments on their pension schemes and other assets for over 60 years. Today, we provide a wide range of clients with expertise that extends from setting their investment strategies and the day-to-day management of their investment portfolios, through to corporate transactions and transfers of assets from one Investment Manager to another.
Our Investment Consultant Apprentices play a vital role in meeting the expectations of our global clients through the delivery of high-quality servicing and advice. This will entail providing investment advice covering markets and strategic considerations, such as the management of assets and liabilities. Join us as an Investment Consultant Apprentice to play an increasingly influential role.
Delivering client value drives everything we do at Aon. Likewise, it will drive everything you do as an Apprentice here. Your role will focus on assisting more colleagues in preparing investment advice, market insights and detailed analysis for your clients.
- A keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- True understanding the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Positive attitude
- Team Player
Get ready to make an instant impact as you demonstrate your passion for financial markets and problem solving. You'll quickly learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one. In return, you’ll be in a permanent role from day one and will complete our two-year Level 4 Investment Consultant Apprentice Programme. This will provide you with the communication and client facing skills for a long running career as an Investment Consultant, as well supporting you through the IMC (Investment Management Certificate) qualification.
There will be plenty of on-the-job, business skills, and technical training to help you develop the skills needed to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients' needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting client-facing advisory activities through accurate investment calculations
- Preparing and checking data, carrying out audit trails and supporting one-off projects
- Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the retirement and investment consulting process
- Over time, helping to ensure our work complies with external professional requirements and our own internal quality standards
- Learning quickly on the job, through formal training and from senior colleagues around you
- Supporting the delivery of client-facing plan management activities and project deliverables
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
With Aon business leaders playing an active role in our development, you're encouraged to make the most of every networking opportunity open to you. The early relationships you build will include:
- Your Apprentice network – you'll meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one
- Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have
- Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The Early Careers Team – here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects