Software Engineering Degree Scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for you if you have left formal education with A Levels or an equivalent qualification, and is perfect if you have a passion for coding, building websites and software development.
Our four-year degree apprenticeship enables you to experience different areas of BBC Design & Engineering, working on any of our dynamic products and services.
As well as studying for a full bachelor’s degree in Digital and Technology Solutions you will also become experienced in many different languages and methodologies, getting the opportunity to work on a variety of platforms, from an iOS app to developing scalable code on Amazon Web Services.
You'll also receive lots of relevant training from our award-winning in-house training facility and will be learning from some of the industry’s best senior developers and product specialists in a positive, friendly environment.
Our degree apprenticeship is a unique way to join the exciting world of BBC Design & Engineering.
This apprenticeship also underlines our long-term commitment to supporting employment and training across the region. We aim to find talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We also aim to provide you with the best possible technical skills and knowledge to really benefit from this fantastic opportunity. On completion of the scheme you will:
· have gained a full bachelor’s degree in Digital and Technology Solutions
· have gained invaluable work experience to help you get started in your software engineering career
· have a chance to apply for a permanent position with us.
At the BBC we view equality and diversity as a creative opportunity to embrace, respond to and be relevant to the totality of the UK’s audiences. Our culture values individuals and embraces diversity.
The Ideal Candidate
You have good analytical, creative and logical reasoning skills, alongside raw ability and a real interest in technology and software. You have good numeracy skills and a strong commitment to complete this four-year apprenticeship.
Our entry requirements
· You are 18 years old or over at the start of September 2017
· You live within reasonable commuting distance to W1A 1AA, W12 7TQ and E1 4NS
· You have at least five GCSEs grades A*-C, including English and Maths
· You have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to accept applications from you if you require a work permit
· You have Level 3 qualifications, such as A levels or a BTEC National (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (e.g. maths or another science)
· We're unable to accept your application if you already have, or are currently working towards, a Level 4 or equivalent qualification, for example a higher apprenticeship, degree or foundation degree or above
We don’t focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups. We are also committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.