Apprentice Civil Engineer
- Reporting to the Engineering Design Manager and / or Technical Director
- Developing skills in engineering design for infrastructure projects including use of software for; earthworks modelling, drainage network analysis, highway alignments, vehicle tracking, signs and lines
- Supporting the UK Engineering team in delivering design and construction details on infrastructure projects
- Developing a working knowledge of Design Standards and Codes of Practice, together with essential Health and Safety and risk awareness
- Liaising with Clients and Regulators / Authorities
- Developing professional and academic skills appropriate to Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in becoming a Chartered Civil Engineer, working with a diverse rage of Developer Clients
- An ability to solve technical problems, an interest in mathematics and science and an ambition to be part of diverse building projects
- A working knowledge of CAD would also be beneficial
- Must be able to communicate well and be keen to be part of the team environment
Minimum academic qualifications of at least 96 UCAS points or above at A-level or equivalent, to include mathematics plus at least one further STEM-based subject such as Physics, ICT, Computing and Electronics. Apprenticeship candidates will typically have at least three A-levels at Grades A-C including mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent or will have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Civil Engineering Technician, plus five GCSEs at Grade A-C including mathematics, English Language and Double Science or equivalent qualification.Individual employers will also set their own selection criteria and typical entry requirements.Direct entry at Level 5 will depend on achieving recognition of prior learning equivalent to Level 4 of the degree.
Our intention is to provide progression to full time employment on completion of NVQ / Degree.
Things to consider
Cromford Mills is readily accessible off the A6 near Matlock with plenty of parking on site and 10 minutes' walk from Cromford Station.
It may be necessary on occasion to visit other offices in the UK.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit:https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates