General Operator - Apprenticeship
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. The Lincoln Site has been established since 1938 and has been the home of Quavers, a key snack brand of the Walkers portfolio for 50 years. The Site has been through a number of major investments over the years and launched the Poppables brand last year, helping support the long-term growth of the Walkers business in the UK.
Would you like to be part of this team and join them in the next stage of their journey, where you can receive a formal accredited training programme via an apprenticeship and gain a Level 2 Diploma in Food and Drink Operations?
It is an exciting time for us, as we continually strive to improve our business performance. Our General Operators (GO) are a huge part of our operation and work across every area of the plant undertaking a variety of crucial tasks to maintain our high standards. We are looking to recruit a number of a General Operators, to work in all areas of our incredible factory working a 12 hour shift pattern, of ‘4 on 4 off’ (2xdays, 2xnights and then 4 off).
Our GO’s work in a range of areas across the site and you could be part of a team involved with packing product, operating and checking machinery, carrying out important quality checks, inspection duties, manual handing, automation tasks, housekeeping and cleaning duties.
No matter which area you come into, you will be part of a busy and diverse team who are committed to the PepsiCo brand. In joining this team you will be supported in your role via a team of Technicians, who will be responsible for the performance of your zone using our LEAN manufacturing framework of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale (QCDM).
Activities will include:
- Operating and setting machinery within a zone, whilst being accountable for a number of pieces of equipment, at a set standard and identifying when they are not.
- Understanding the cause for any drops in standards with machinery, along with the impact of this and how to rectify issues.
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and hygienic work place, through ensuring safety and housekeeping standards are met, maintained and exceeded.
- Understanding and interpreting numerical data and confidently communicating verbally and in written form machine performance and any gaps in standards using Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Maintain working zones as per Lean / QCDM standards and utilise 5 why system to highlight losses.
- Proactively escalating for assistance from wider shift team/Technicians where necessary if issues occur outside of the GO remit.
- Please note that if your application is progressed, you will be required to complete assessments both online and in person.
What We Offer
PepsiCo are committed to the development of its people which is one if the reasons why we have encompassed this fantastic role with an Apprenticeship where you get to learn whilst you earn! You will receive comprehensive training for the GO role and will be supported during your probationary period to achieve the required standard.
Our culture at PepsiCo is very inclusive. We are committed to the local community and the environment via our corporate & social responsibility. We regularly reward and recognise those individuals who go above and beyond in their role.
Flexible benefits including: buy/sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, gym membership discounts, subsidised canteen, staff discount shop and Long Service Rewards.
Salary / benefits
- £11.56 per hour (inclusive of shift premium), reviewed annually. Pay will increase subject to successful completion of the training programme (within 12-15 months).
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday
If you are results driven, self-motivated with a can-do attitude, then we would love to hear from you!
Individuals can apply on www.pepsicojobs.com, Entering Req ID: 193743BR