You will support the core business priorities by contributing to the delivery of general and specialist HR services while developing the skills you need for a successful HR career.
About the role
Initially, you'll have a five-day induction based in London where you'll learn everything you need to know about us, your role, and where you fit in. This will also include site visits to some of the business areas you may be supporting during your time on the HR apprenticeship scheme. Following that, you'll begin an intensive development programme, designed to kick start your career in HR.
The Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resource (HR) Management will provide you with a structured and comprehensive training programme, designed to introduce you to a variety of HR areas including, but not limited to:
- Professional practice in human resources
- Resourcing and talent planning
- Employment law
Placements on this apprenticeship are split into three, 17-week placements and a 52-week placement.
Your 17 weeks will be spent in:
- HR Services - Customer Delivery: first line response dealing with business queries, gaining an in depth knowledge of our policies and how things work here
- HR Specialist and HR Services: this could include working on talent programmes, specialist recruitment and strategic resourcing projects, or equality and inclusion
- HR Delivery - PMA support: applying practical employment law knowledge to support our business to manage cases including discipline, grievance, and performance
Your 52 weeks will be spent in:
HR delivery/change - HR Business Partner Support: during this placement apprentices work closely with HR business partners within one of our business areas (this could be London Underground, Surface transport or Professional Services) to provide support on a range of initiatives including talent, change programmes, organisational design and more.
On this varied and challenging apprenticeship, you'll gain a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources and also become a CIPD associate member. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and classroom training, you'll develop a diverse knowledge of HR and the wide range of skills needed for a successful career in HR.
This apprenticeship could lead to a role in case management, recruitment, learning and development, talent, equality and inclusion, or business partnering depending on your interests and the skills and experience you develop while on the scheme. We'll help you see the potential career pathways available to progress your career with us.