Commercial (Quantity Surveying)
The commercial, Quantity Surveying teams within Wates are largely responsible for the contractual and financial management of a project. A combination of law, business and finance skills are used to manage relationships with key stakeholders including clients and their representatives, designers, subcontractors and suppliers.
Our Commercial teams play a vital role in the construction of our projects. As well as working closely with our site teams to ensure our quality projects are financially viable, they build relationships with our supply chain and safeguard our commercial position.
The Commercial Management Programme will give you the opportunity to engage in on the job training in key elements of construction, including estimating, cost planning, health and safety, contracts, quantity surveying and production.
- Safeguarding our contractual position relating to progress of the project, design responsibility and our legal obligations to subcontractors regarding payments
- Providing sound contractual, commercial and financial updates to key stakeholders, including the preparation of reports
- Negotiating the best rates and prices with suppliers whilst ensuring we receive the highest quality and standard
- Preparing contracts for the procurement of technical and site specific packages
- Developing good relationships with our clients, designers, subcontractors and suppliers through dealing fairly and professionally in all financial and contractual matters
What we’re looking for
- Interest and ability to work with complex financial information
- A thirst for learning and developing
- Ability to communicate with people across a range of disciplines
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Keen eye for detail