Our Operations teams are at the heart of our projects. They are involved in managing projects and developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process.
Our Production programme is an important step towards becoming a Site Manager. You will be expected to engage in on-the-job training in key elements of construction, including for example design, engineering, planning, health and safety, building services and commercial.
- Promoting and upholding Wates reputation for providing the highest standards of site safety, health and welfare and protection of the environment
- Developing your knowledge of construction practices and sequences ensuring logical approach to project delivery
- Working with the operations team to ensure every aspect of project delivery is to the highest standard and quality
- Reading and interpreting site drawings as well as marking up progress with the site team, ensuring the project is being delivered as per project plan
- Developing good working relationships with the client, design team and supply chain by promoting best practice throughout the whole construction process
- Ensuring our subcontractors are delivering at the highest standards
- Working with our supply chain and surveyors to protect Wates commercial position and the potential for profit and repeat business
What we’re looking for
- A genuine passion for construction
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate with people from a range of disciplines
- Team player
- Good attention to detail