Estimators hold a pivotal role within preconstruction and are responsible for estimating the costs of a building project. They work with all the other functions (design, building services, planning and site team) to understand their requirements and express them in an estimate which can then be offered as part of the work winning process. The cost of a project is usually the most important factor when a customer decides which company to work with.
Our Estimating Management Trainee programme has been designed to give the best start in a rewarding career as a professional Estimator.
You will experience all the elements of building from design, construction, supply chain, materials, product specifications, cost planning, engineering and planning. Estimating is a rewarding profession and allows you to gain a very rounded experience of all elements and professions within the industry.
- Building financial knowledge by working with our existing estimating team on live bids and gaining knowledge and understanding of the estimating process
- Developing good working relationships with all functions within the preconstruction (design, planning, commercial, proposals and bid management)
- Developing new IT skills with estimating software such as Onsite and Causeway and using this to produce take-offs and estimates
- Refining organisational skills by working to strict tender timescales and following defined tender processes
- Gain knowledge and understanding on risk management and how we manage this during the tender process
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to analyse complex information and data
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Ablility to communicate across a range of disciplines