Construction planning is fundamental to the management and execution of all construction projects. It involves mapping logistics, plant materials and resources to ensure projects are delivered smoothly.
Joining our planning team is an exciting prospect and will enable you to be in the driving seat of our projects. The Trainee Planner programme is carefully designed to develop your understanding of the key elements of construction including design, engineering, production, health and safety, building services, estimating and commercial.
- Selecting the most appropriate construction methods and sequences
- Scheduling work activities, both temporary and permanent, and organising them into a logical structure and sequence
- Estimating the required resources, machinery and durations for the individual tasks
- Identifying how different tasks interact with each other when planning project delivery
- Understanding contractual requirements and implementing these within the planning phase
- Working with the planning team to map out the project delivery from start to finish
- Understanding how design and procurement influence a project
- Producing the best programme for project delivery and effectively communicating this with site teams and key stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- Ability to analyse complex information and data
- Logical approach to problem solving
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to communicate across a range of disciplines