Apprentice Vehicle Accident and Repair Paint Technician
Remit are recruiting on behalf of 4x4 Accessories and Tyres Ltd who are the UK's largest 4x4 accessory centre who are currently on their search for a Vehicle Paint Technician Apprentice to join their team!
4x4 Accessories & Tyres Ltd are the UK's largest 4x4 accessory centre, based on the A1 at Junction 51 Leeming Bar, North Yorkshire. 4x4AT has over 25 years of 4x4 expertise after having been established on the 13th March 1993.
You will be trained to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
• Preparing paint spraying equipment
• Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle.
• Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
• Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours and protective finishes.
• Solving paint application problems; defects, cause and cures
• Maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
You’d be using specialist equipment like a manual spray gun along with various masks and breathing apparatus, which requires a reasonable level of physical fitness. It is important that Paint Refinshers always use personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow safety procedures for using hazardous materials.
This is a Vehicle Paint Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)