Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
Remit are recruiting for Flight Service Station who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join a skilled team as a Light Vehicle technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Flight Service Station are a leading used car dealership, priding themselves on the excelled customer service in which they deliver to each customer.
As an Apprentice you will work alongside a team of experienced Technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customer’s vehicles to a very high standard.
The role of a Light Vehicle Technician falls into three main responsibilities:
• Servicing – working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance.
• Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
• Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
• Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
• Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work.
• Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification.
• Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes.
• Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Candidates must ideally hold a Grade '4' or equivalent in GSCE English Language and Maths.
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
• F Gas air conditioning qualification