Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
7 days left
- 24 months+
Remit are recruiting on behalf of Via East Midlands who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Based at Via East Midlands, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge from colleagues and teams with decades of experience. Via have one of Nottinghamshire's largest fleet of vehicles and their extensive facilities will allow you to gain knowledge on buses, coaches, mobile homes and lorries. Their testing centre is VOSA autorised HGV and PSV.
Via East Midlands value their staff and colleagues and offer a wide range of benefits including; Health Cash Plan, Attendance Bonus, Annual leave, Travel Season Passes, Pension Scheme and Benefits Hub in which includes access to discounts and rewards from hundreds of retailers and brands.
Your key roles and responsibilities as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice at Via East Midlands will be the following:
• Service, Maintain and Repair a range of Class 4, 5 and 7 vehicles.
• Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles
• Ensure appropriate work logs are kept for all vehicles, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
• Working alongside a qualified Technician/Mentor learning how to carry out repairs according to industry procedures in a safe and responsible manner
• To attain high levels of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by Via East Midlands.
• To represent Via East Midlands in a professional manner when dealing with internal and external customers.
As an Heavy Vehicle Apprentice, you will gain an understanding and knowledge of the following:
• The fundamentals of Heavy Vehicle technologies including; Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, electrical (12/24v), air-conditioning, hydraulic and air braking, air suspension systems etc.
• How to service, inspect and maintain vehicles and trailers to the expected standards and the importance of safety inspection and maintenance schedules to meet Operator’s (O) licence and legal obligations.
• The types and associated characteristics of Heavy Vehicles and their configurations and applications.
• Diagnosing principles and logical problem solving techniques related to Heavy Vehicles
• You will ideally have at least 2 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 4-9
• Holding a full UK driving licence would be advantageous
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Heavy Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Apply for Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly