Body Repair Apprenticeship
Remit Group are recruiting of behalf of Kenhire Ltd. Body Repair Technicians (Panel beaters) repair and replace vehicle bodywork which has either been damaged in a collision or deliberately damaged.
As an apprentice you will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
• Removing damaged panels
• Refitting new/repaired panels
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
• Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Whilst the vast majority of work is accident-related, panel beaters also carry out cosmetic work on behalf of owners keen to give their beloved cars the motoring equivalent of a face lift!
This is a Body Repair Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 12 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the duration of the programme, which equals 4 weeks per year. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Apply for Body Repair Apprenticeship
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly