Business Support Apprentice
An apprenticeship with Westminster City Council and WhiteHat is designed to give you a real insight into local government and get your career off to a great start. We are looking to appoint 15 Business Support Apprentices - 10 will have the opportunity to work in a range of different departments across the council and 5 will be based within Children's Services.
Note: assessment days will take place on October 2019 for a January 2020 start. This role is open to applicants outside of London - if you are based outside of the M25 and willing to relocate or live within a reasonable commuting distance, please email us providing us with more information regarding this.
A typical day:
During your time with us, you will get the opportunity to work in four placements across a range of Westminster services. These placements will provide an opportunity to experience the full range of business support responsibilities.
- Managing a range of customer queries, enquiries and directing to appropriate officers
- Preparing for a range of meetings and events including venue booking, minute taking and delegate management
- Entering and maintaining data relating to staff and customers, and storing documents securely, using relevant IT systems
- Managing financial administration, including processing orders and invoices
- Preparing reports, presentations and other documents to support the delivery of the service
- Working on projects and initiatives ensuring successful completion
- Being an apprentice ambassador for the Council promoting apprenticeships internally and externally
What makes a good candidate?
- You are innovative and seek to grow and develop
- You build excellent working relationships with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- You use your initiative, are proactive and take the lead
- You have fantastic communication skills and adapt your style depending on your audience
- You are organised, manage your time effectively and meet targets
- You have an eye for detail and use IT systems to a high standard
- You are interested in working for a council and with our community
- Residents without a A-C in GCSE English or Maths will be supported by Westminster City Council to achieve Functional Skills awards which will enable access to this programme at a later stage
- Five GCSE grades C - A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
- Mentor scheme
- Social events
- Amazing location
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Childcare vouchers
- WhiteHat community
9am - 5:30pm
Included in qualification:
- Training on the 18+ month Standard Level 3 Business Administrator (BA3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Business Administration apprenticeship progress into HR, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing & PR, Real Estate, Personal Assistant, Office Management, Business Management. Most of the above can be completed in a higher-level qualification.