Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship - Pfizer
6 days left
- 18-24 months
This is an exciting opportunity to join Pfizer as a Project Manager apprentice within the Regulatory Excellence Team. As a Level 4 Associate Project Manager apprentice, you will support initiatives of varying complexity, for which Regulatory Operations is either an owner or a major stakeholder.
- Salary: £14,550 per annum
- Holiday Entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Qualifications: Required A minimum of 80 UCAS points from at least 2 A Level subjects
- Location: Sandwich, Kent
- Working Hours: Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5.25pm, Friday, 9am – 4.05pm.
- Duration: 24 months
- Start Date: January 2020
- Interview Date: W/C 2nd December 2019
- Closing Date for applications: Monday 18th November
The Regulatory Operations organization spans over ten Pfizer offices in more than seven-time zones. Each year the group supports approximately 32,000 submissions to 175 countries around the world, within both established and emerging markets. The group operates in a dynamic business environment and is a key contributor in ensuring quality dossiers are submitted on time to Health Authorities for the Pfizer portfolio.
The Regulatory Operational Excellence teams have a strong continuous improvement, project management and change management focus. The teams specialize in evaluating and redesigning existing regulatory and operational processes, both internally and externally to Pfizer, performing cross-functional critical issue remediation and leading project/change management initiatives at a global scale.
As the Pharmaceutical Industry evolves, the Regulatory Operational Excellence teams act as key stakeholders in the innovation, design, and implementation for new technical solutions, process designs and deployment through the global teams and networks.
Overview of the Role
This role will support initiatives of varying complexity, for which Regulatory Operations is either an owner or a major stakeholder. The Regulatory Operational Excellence apprentice will:
- Support the operation and evaluation of existing processes.
- Contribute to the implementation of new or revised processes that are driven by internal and external guidelines, technologies and business strategies.
- Contribute to and manage global projects which aim to drive growth, improve business process and overall consolidate Pfizer’s position as the premier pharmaceutical company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing business processes while performing constant evaluation to drive continuous improvement.
- Support business analysis and project management efforts to assist in ensuring the success of a broad variety of global initiatives and projects.
- Issue resolution and escalation for prescribed projects.
- Recognise and analyse potential issues and provide a systematic approach to the solutions of these issues while noting any practical constraints.
- Contribute business solutions through influential partnerships with internal and external colleagues.
- Act as a key contributor within the areas of process development, decision making, and change management in the context of Worldwide Regulatory Operations.
- Support cross-functional, global teams as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain documented procedures and guidelines as necessary.
Pfizer is one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies.
At Pfizer, they apply science and their global resources to improve health and wellbeing at every stage of life. They strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of medicines.
We have a leading portfolio of products and medicines that support wellness and prevention, as well as treatment and cures for diseases across a broad range of therapeutic areas; and we have an industry-leading pipeline of promising new products that have the potential to challenge some of the most feared diseases of our time, like Alzheimer's disease and cancer.
Every day, Pfizer colleagues work to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time. For more than 150 years, Pfizer has worked to make a difference for all who rely on them. In the UK, Pfizer has its business headquarters in Surrey and Research & Development facilities in Kent and is a major supplier of medicines to the NHS.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
5 GCSE’s at grade A*-C inc Maths and English, and A minimum of 80 UCAS points from at least 2 A Level subjects (or equivalents).
- Demonstrated planning skills
- Superior communication (verbal, written and listening) organisational time management and follow up skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong initiative and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple projects
- Ability to co-ordinate the activities of others
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and collaborate with others
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
- Your training will be a mixture of online lecturers, skills webinars and face-to-face workshops.
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
- Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship Standard guidelines. This will include:
- Functional Skills in Maths & English
- APM Project Management Qualification
On completion of the Apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
- 25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays)
- Opt in pension scheme
- Student discount card (NUS)
- Employee assistance programme
- Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship