Apprentice IT Support Assistant
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
42.5 hours per week
Detailed Job Description:
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an Apprentice IT Support Assistant. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice IT Support Assistant who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
1) Being the first point of contact for all incoming helpdesk calls
2) Providing first line helpdesk support to our customers
3) Accurately recording all relevant technical information regarding the reported issue into the helpdesk ticketing system
4) Assisting with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computer linked/computer related equipment
5) Collecting and delivering computer equipment to customers
6) As requested, proactively undertaking any other relevant duties as may be reasonably required by the IT support team
7) With training and development, reaching the point at which you can be assigned tickets to resolve yourself.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Established since 1996, our client is a leading provider of business IT support and managed IT services. They work with over 250 organisations (with user numbers ranging from 10 to 2000) across London, the South East and the wider UK.
Their success and continued growth have been built on providing a truly unbeatable service, delivered by a motivated and highly-skilled team of engineers and consultants. Providing truly proactive IT support, their managed service solution ensures that they are constantly monitoring their clients' systems and their scheduled maintenance visits significantly decrease IT-related business downtime.
• You will be highly organised with excellent multitasking skills and fantastic timekeeping skills
• You will have excellent communication skills (both verbally and written) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will have impeccable attention to detail - accuracy is key!
• You will be analytical, logical, tenacious and methodical in your approach
• You will have good interpersonal skills and possess the ability to work of your own initiative.
• You will be able to cope within a pressured environment.
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Location - Sevenoaks, TN15
Working Hours - Monday to Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm
Wage = GBP201.87 per week / GBP10,497.50 per annum