Firststep Apprentice Accountant
Price Bailey's award-winning First Step Apprenticeship Programme will see you work within either our Corporate, Tax or Business team and learning the basics of accounting from day 1 - all whilst being supported an Accounting Qualification such as the AAT, ATT or CFAB. You will be working on real client accounts from the outset with the supervision from a Senior member of the team meaning you will be able to add value right from the off.
Typically, your duties as a First Step Trainee would include:
- Demonstrating and building upon your understanding of double entry book keeping
- Drafting straightforward sole trader, partnership and limited company accounts
- Undertaking basic audit testing under the supervision of a senior/supervisor
- Beginning to build and develop relationships with clients
- Gaining an understanding and assisting on statutory accounts prep
- Working as part of the wider team on larger assignments
- Helping on routine tax matters
- Working to timelines provided by managers/supervisors and ensuring to communicate progress throughout
In order to apply, we ask for a minimum of 100 UCAS points. Strong time management and communications skills are needed and enthusiasm to learn is absolutely key. This really is a fantastic opportunity to gain a strong grounding in accountancy with a top regional practice so if you are keen to work in a supportive and dynamic environment then we would love to hear from you!
The application window closes at the end of December at which point the selection process will begin (so please don't be alarmed if you don't hear from us for a little while!). The first stage will be a telephone interview with a member of our HR team and successful candidates will then be invited along to an assessment centre which is due to take place in February 2020. The expected start date for this role is August 2020.