Facilities and Business Operations Apprentice
This exciting opportunity is looking for the right candidate to provide administrative support to a Facilities and Business Operations Manager and support office functions including: Front of House, Post Room, DX, Fire Health and Safety, database management, daily office operations, coordination of budgeting, archiving, maintaining office records, and provide general support and maintenance. This role will be based in Woking & Guildford.
- Meet & Greet Visitors
- Meeting Room Set Up
- Collect and take DX to/from the collection centre (Guildford)
- Collect DX from collection centre (Woking)
- Collect Royal Mail and oversee evening Royal Mail collection.
- Empty the internal mail box.
- Record all Special, Signed for and Tracked DX parcels in the log book.
- Oversee postal and franking machine supplies
- On receipt of request, retrieve information from ILE with details of files needed.
- Retrieve files via online ordering system and record movements.
- Distribute files upon receipt the following day.
- Arrange for files to be sent from departments to Woking (Guildford)
- Collect files to be archived from collection points in Woking office.
- Check ILE for any discrepancies on file accounts and deal with accordingly.
- Closing files in ILE and carry out archiving procedure.
- Undertake file search requests for fee earners as requested.
- Maintain spreadsheet with record of boxes and archive files
- Record items sent for long term storage on ILE and then placed in secure storage.
- Undertake minor property matters e.g. changing light bulbs.
- Assist with layout of meeting rooms for in house seminars/meetings.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of project implementation as needed.
- Fire, H&S implementation and support across all the offices
- Coordinate all Facilities activities, work direction, and support systems.
- Train employees and contractors as needed on H&S matters.
- Maintain and update the facilities policies and processes.
- Set up, maintain, and organize department's central files. I.e. H&S
- Assist employees in locating parts, supplies, and materials.
- Organise waste recycling.
- Printers - check cartridges and undertake weekly delivery of bulk paper supplies for each printer in the
- Undertake ad hoc requests from Partners/fee earners as requested.
- Ad hoc reception duties
- Ad hoc Guildford and Woking mailroom cover / file movement between offices
- To proactively look to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- To undertake any specific training to improve or enhance skill base as requested.
- To provide a high quality, professional service to clients, external contacts and employees by responding in a prompt, diplomatic and helpful manner to their needs, enquiries and/or requests.
- To cover Reception as and when required to cover lunches/holiday periods. To maintain and distribute the Post Opening rota on a monthly basis. People relationships
- To communicate at all times in a clear, polite, diplomatic and calm manner to clients, external contacts and employees and respect their views and the contribution they make.
- To ensure discretion and complete confidentiality on information and issues that may come to light in the course of undertaking the Facilities and Business Operations Apprentice role.
- To demonstrate commitment to the role and to Barlow Robbins by excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- To demonstrate ability to time manage and prioritise daily workload to meet deadlines.
- To take initiative for self-development and accept changes and new challenges required to meet business objectives.
This company are looking to support the candidate with an apprenticeship in Business Administration.
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.