Geography Graduate - Academic Support
Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant - Bury St Edmunds
Can you still remember your favourite Geography Teacher at school?
Did their passion for Geography inspire you to continue studying Geography at A-Level or degree level?
Now you have completed your degree, would you like to have that same impact on others?
Every day, Edustaff successfully mentor, support and guide graduates to gain employment within the education sector. We carefully match them to a progressive role in a suitable school setting so that they can gain classroom experience prior to applying for teacher training.
What will you be doing as a Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant?
- Working from now through until July 2020 within a supportive Geography department
- Working at an expanding and progressive school in Bury St Edmunds which boasts a talented and popular Humanities department
- Tutoring and supporting small groups of students within Geography to raise their attainment levels within Geography.
- Being creative and putting your own twist on how to capture the imagination of your students.
- Helping other Geography Teachers within the department with planning, marking and assessment responsibilities
- Providing additional support during extra-curricular clubs
- Observing how Geography Teachers at the school manage behaviour effectively.
- Building up vital classroom experience to support your teacher training applications
- Being paid GBP65-GBP70 per day for the duration of the year placement.
What are we looking for from a Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant?
- A Geography Graduate with a real passion for their subject!
- A confident and personable Geography Graduate who is considering a career within Geography Teaching
- Excellent academic record (ideally a 2:1 or above degree classification within a Geography related degree)
- An enthusiasm for education and the desire to inspire others
- A belief that all children regardless of their background are entitled to a fantastic education and are able to achieve
- An eagerness to pass on your love of Geography to others!
If you want to apply for Teacher Training in the future but feel you would benefit from a year of experience working within a Geography Department first, this Geography Teaching Assistant role is the ideal role to take on.
Click 'Apply Now' to express your interest in this Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant role in Bury St Edmunds.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful Geography Graduates will be contacted for this Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant role in Bury St Edmunds.